Monday, April 16, 2007

A Kid-Free Vacation & I'm IN!

So true story-- my friend, Lisa, lives in St. Paul, MN. We've been friends since we were 15. At 15, we actually became pen pals through our love of NKOTB (no joke, don't laugh! I see you laughing). Fast forward 17 years, several visits back and forth, and Lisa is engaged to be married in the fall. Now September can't come fast enough for the hubby who has been jonesin' for a vacation-- Q-free at that.

We booked our flight on NWA for a great rate and are staying at this supa fly hotel called Chambers in Minneapolis. Check it out! Hubby's been right on track with his hotel picks, so I hope this makes the grade as well. Chose this hotel when were in Provence and this little gem when we were in Toronto. He's got a good eye. I'm sure the dining reservations will be next. He's very excited-- can you tell? Of course, I am too, but more so to see my old friend get hitched.

On a crafty note, I was lucky enough to be one of the thirty chosen few (of 60 apps!) for the upcoming Micetsy Craft Extravaganza. I've been furiously crafting. Between yesterday and today, I've painted 6 trinket boxes, made 3 portable placemats, and put together 4 gift tag sets. I used birthday cards given to my grandmother from my mom when she was like 2 or 3 (they were signed by my grandpa) as my inspiration. this one 'dorable?

Ok, off to snooze. Big (and not fun) day tomorrow. Bon soir, mes amis.



No comments: