Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Nature is My Church

Ok, so the Catholic guilt has officially set in. This is the first year in 33 years that I missed mass on Easter. There are several excuses I could give you (most of which are dealing with the fact that I am pretty uncomfortable with only 5 weeks to go until baby arrives). Many, many reasons-- can you tell I'm rationalizing? :)


ANYWHO, we did go to the Frederick Meijer Gardens butterfly house instead, and I seriously meditated. It was very peaceful, and being with family and watching Q in awe of the butterflies was a pretty religious experience, I must say. We had Easter dinner and dressed up and such on Saturday, thus the jeans in the pics below.




I hope you had as nice an Easter as we did! xo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like a beautiful place! And, your daughter sure is a cutie - that curly hair is darling! I didn't realize you were getting so close to your due date. Take care!

Anonymous said...

It looks lovely. I think meditating in nature definitely counts as church. Wanted to let you know I received my order. Thanks for the cute package! And adore the cute quilt in previous post.