Saturday, June 14, 2008

Girl Land's 2008 Summer Soundtrack

As a folow up to last year's summer playlist, I have compiled a new one for 2008. It's published to Apple iTunes here. It took me mustering up all my willpower not to name it "Boner Jams '08".
You will have to excuse the inclusion of the Pussycat Dolls and Jesse McCartney, but damn if I can't get those two songs out of my head! I tried to compensate for the crap by adding a little Weezer and Rilo Kiley.

1. American Boy - Estelle feat Kanye West: Lurves me some Kanye. This is my fave song of the bunch.

2. Mercy - Duffy: I actually saw her perform this on Ellen, and I liked the live version better.

3. When I Grow Up - PCD: These chicks are so dirty looking. But this song is really catchy. I am like a 12 year old boy-- I like the part where they say they want to have boobies. Heh.

4. Pork & Beans - Weezer: How can you go wrong with Weezer? The video has this stupid YouTube vid in it of the dramatic prairie dog, so that's a bonus. Is that a band member's face superimposed on it in the video????


5. Magic - Robin Thicke: I really liked his song from last year, Lost Without You. This one's good too.

6. The Moneymaker - Rilo Kiley: This song is older than the rest. It's a nice chillaxing song (did I just say that?).

7. Anti Matter - N.E.R.D.: Not as good as She Wants to Move, but still good. From their new CD.

8. If I Never See Your Face Again - Maroon 5 feat Rihanna: I love this song, but I only downloaded it because, have you SEEN the video??? Dang! Steamy. But you all know how much I love my Adam Levine anyway.

9. Leavin' - Jesse McCartney: This kid's a d-bag. I still remember him from his All My Children days. But I love that little beeping in the background. Addictive.

10. Back in Your Head - Tegan & Sara: This one's a little older too, but Q totally digs it. She knows it's by Tegan & Sara.

11. It's Amazing - Jem: Nothing can beat her song, They. This one's pretty good though and mellow.

12. 4 Minutes - Madonna feat Justin: You know how I feel about my JT. And any other 50 something running around in her undies would look stupid, but Madonna looks dang good, I must say...

13. Cobrastyle - Robyn: I don't press people button. Nuff said.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the record image.
-a

Cristin said...

I'm with ya on the Adam Levine hotness... I haven't heard that song though... off to iTunes!

Anonymous said...

You should also download Weezer's "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived (Variations on a Shaker Hymn)." It's a pretty hilarious prog-rock number.

Sondra said...

Hilarious! I also love the beeping sound in "Leavin'" Isn't that weird?!