Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's Christmastime in the City

The Girl Land household is finally getting into the holiday spirit. We went to my parent's house for a very short visit, but the girls did get to see the Big Guy in the Red Coat. Q said it wasn't really him because he didn't say HO HO HO. Hmmmm.

I also got to do a little tiny bit of antiquing/thrifting, and Ryan was a good sport and went with whilst my parents watched the girls. He's a good one to go with. He finds a lot of good junk. I will have to post pics of all my super kitschy cool finds tomorrow, but for now, here was my favorite scene from the excursion. Don't you want to just crawl inside one of those tiny glitter houses!?


And here's another shelf that I love as of late-- Barbara of Oodles and Oodles! I love the jadite and red action here.

This morning, we got to see my friend and her daughter. I got a crafty urge at about 11:00 pm on Friday night, and I whipped these squirrelly notecards up.



Dig my new woodgrain stamp (Michael's)!!! I love it so much! Kinda reminded me of one of Kat's cool projects.

More pics soon, but in the meantime, dig this uber gaudy house in Royal Oak. I'm sure you locals know exactly where it is. Q thinks it's Santa's house. I'd hate to be their neighbors. Plus, they leave most of the lights up all year round. Ryan says it looks like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre house during the year-- with unlit creepy Santa faces hanging on trees and such. Yeesh.


1 comment:

Cheshire Kat said...

LOVE! What a cool stamp!