Monday, April 20, 2009

Mini Alerts

Need to keep this short as I need to go play Dead Rising (I got a new weapon!). No, a 13 year old boy hasn't taken over my blog. It's still me. So, a couple things:

1. Had to show you my new purse courtesy of Jujie-- aren't you jealous?? I'm so kidding, but isn't it adorable??? She even custom made a larger than normal one for me because of my enormous pile of crapola I need to tote around on a daily basis.



2. I received confirmation on Decor8's blog today that harem pants are back in. My friend, Shelly, told me this a few weeks ago. She said all over downtown Chicago had them in their window displays. I searched high and low in my 90's pics to find me in my Hammer pants to no avail. I did, however, find my prom pic. If anyone knows a Matt Rossi from Solvay, NY, that's him.


3. Seriously, if you haven't read Wide Awake yet, DO IT. If you liked Twilight, you will LOVE it. I can't get enough and I'm seriously having withdrawal. She's got 2 more chapters left, and I'm chomping at the bit. It's seriously raunchy though and the F drop is plentiful, so consider yourself warned. Rob would be THE perfect Darkward.

4. I forgot to say that I finally saw Let the Right One In on Easter weekend, and it may have made my list of favorite all-time movies. I've been wanting to see it since last year. I must own it. Now I want to read the book. My bro directed me to the IMDB FAQs on the movie. If you've seen the movie, it provides some great additional info.

4 comments:

CynthiaAvaDevta said...

You look so beautiful! What an adorable photo. You make me laugh with your Twilight obsession. I did read the first two, then stopped. However, my students are crazy for them and some co-workers (ie: fellow English teachers) are as well. I will pass on your reccomend. The harem pants will definitely NOT be happening here. I didn't do 'em then, and I'm not now. Ghessh, they'll try to sell us anything, huh?

Julie Livermore said...

okay, what is wide awake?! you have me curious and your link didn't work...

Amelac said...

I got Let the Right One In for Easter (:)), you are welcome to borrow it when I finish. LOVED the movie!

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

How did I miss this post? I love your prom picture and your new bag. I'm also having WA withdrawl. Just finish it already, argh!