Monday, June 1, 2009

Goings on in Girl Land

Stuff I'm liking as of late...

Jazzercise. I’ve been going at least 3 times per week and Sunday I went at 8:30 am (a real feat for me being the hater of early rising and exercising that I am). Are you sick of hearing about this yet? You don’t know how ecstatic I am to have found a form of exercise that I can not only endure but actually enjoy.

New Moon Trailer. Typically, huge muscles aren’t my thing, but WOW, Taylor. Just wow. Good thing the shirtless pics of Rob just came out because I might have been like, “Edward who?”.



MTV Movie Awards. Whatev, Eminem. Like you weren’t in on the Bruno thing. At first, I was unsure, but after watching it again, I am convinced. No such thing as bad publicity, right? It was a very Twilight night too which, of course, is always good. Rob in his disheveled glory and KStew in her awkward, award-dropping, finest. Other highlights were Andy Samberg’s naked opener and poor Leighton Meister who was accused of being a closet gas-passer. Good stuff.



Up. Q had her first successful full-length, in-the-theater, movie-watching experience. Ryan took her to see Up, and she was only slightly antsy towards the end. My big girl.

Challenges. Work is having a weight loss challenge and Jazzercise is having an attendance challenge. I’m all over both. I had a dream I had Charlize Theron’s body last night. Ok, ok—a *bit* of a stretch, but an inspiration nonetheless. I’m feeling healthier and stronger every day. Weight loss has been consistent albeit slow, however, I can tell I’m feeling more tone for sure. Check my left sidebar for progress! I’m thinking I need to start documenting my measurements.


Glee. Have you seen this show??? Must watch it now!!! I’m in total and utter love. I’ve watched it three times now. Cutest thing ever. We’ve all had “Don’t Stop Believin’” stuck in our heads all weekend. Q keeps asking me to sing this line to her, “He took the midnight train going anywhere…” Bummed we have to wait until the fall to see more.

Alone Time. This weekend, Ryan is taking the girls to see my in-laws. And he told me I could stay home. It’s about 30 hours to myself (ahhh, heaven), but I’m planning my time wisely. I currently have a massage scheduled and flea marketing with Amy too. So far, so good!

Girl Land Summer Mix 2009. Starting my annual compilation! I can’t promise you there will be all high-quality songs (I can forewarn you that there will be a Britney tune), but hopefully I don’t lose the small amount of credibility I may have. A good mix, I say. Perhaps some new Camera Obscura, The Dirty Projectors, Bat for Lashes, etc. Shall be coming within the next couple weeks. Holding your breath, no?

Power the Librarian. My friend's son made this movie for a contest to win some money for my hometown library. That's his sister, Jessamy, in the film. And I THINK it may be Zac himself as the freaky Power dude. Leave a comment and tell the judges how deserving they would be of the prize money!!!



Are we glad Monday's over? Yes! Do we hate Tuesdays even MORE than Mondays? Yes! Boooo. xo

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could find some kind of exercise that I actually enjoyed. Keep up the great work!

AJ Bindel said...

I'm not tired of hearing about jazzercise. I think it's great! I've always hated excercise, but since reading about your new experience, I really can't wait to get back in shape after the baby's born. Maybe I'll try jazzercise! :P

Ok, just watched the NEW MOON trailer. Loves it! And I had not seen the opening bit with Andy for the MTV movie awards. I was crying from laughing so hard during the TWILIGHT bit. Damn he's funny.

Sondra said...

Ok. I'm convinced that after this baby arrives I'm going to have to try out Jazzercise. You make it sound soo fabulous! Seriously, I cannot imagine loving any form of exercise though.